Celebrating Asian and Pacific Islander American Heritage Entrepreneurs This Could
Incredible marketers with different cultures and backgrounds can easily fly under the radar in the broader digital marketing community.
At DigitalMarketer, when we move to our new normal, we want to try to change that by highlighting creators of all identities. We want to amplify their voices and call out their work. Because diverse marketers mean more diverse and more effective Marketing.
To celebrate the month of American heritage for Asian and Pacific Islanders, we share some of our great contributors and their great work.
Co-founder of the School of Bots
Japanese and Mexican (50/50)
Natasha Takahashi is a co-founder of School of Bots, where she aims to accelerate business growth through chat marketing on platforms like Facebook Messenger, Text, WhatsApp, Instagram DMs, Mobile Wallet and more.
She has published her successful chat frameworks and strategies on over 70 stages around the world, including Traffic & Conversion Summit and Social Media Marketing World. Her expertise comes from generating millions of dollars using chatbots for over 100 brands, including Mindvalley, DigitalMarketer, Billy Gene Is Marketing, Social Media Examiner, Matthew Hussey and Marisa Peer.
You can find Natasha's training – How to Perform Your Conversions Three Times with a Chatbot Lead Magnet Campaign – in the DigitalMarketer Lab. She has also reported on chat strategies, tools and tactics in the DigitalMarketer podcast, the Perpetual Traffic Podcast and the Business Lunch Podcast. At this year's Traffic & Conversion Summit, Natasha's session will take place on the first day, where she will share her OmniChannel chat strategy with data from over 10 million messages sent.
"I left college to start my chat marketing agency in 2016. I would have graduated this year!"
Career highlights She is proud of:
- Lecture at the Traffic & Conversion Summit and the Social Media Marketing World in 2019
- Sending over 10 million chatbot messages to their customers has helped their company create the most effective chat marketing training on the market
Founder, Live Your Message & Xperiencify
1/4 Thai, 1/4 Chinese, 1/2 English, Irish, Welsh, French & German
Marisa Murgatroyd is the founder of Live Your Message and the creator of the Experience Product Masterclass.
Marisa started her career as an artist who was told by her father that she had no marketable skills. She figured out how to build a mid 7-digit business and showed over 5,000 students how to succeed online – many of whom felt they had "no marketable skills," or were told that they couldn't do this.
Marisa has a mission to reinvent online education around the world so that results and engagement become the norm and not the exception. She has sold over $ 17 million in online courses and programs and has some of the highest success rates in the industry.
She introduced her new approach to product development at top industry events like Mindvalley Momentum, Evercoach Summit, LaunchCon, MFA Live and Traffic & Conversion Summit (December 2020). She has also helped dozens of industry leaders integrate this method into their products to reduce refunds and increase sales and repeat sales, including Josh Turner, Mary Morrissey, Jon Morrow, Alex Mandossian, Jesse and Sharla, Ocean Robbins and many more.
Most recently, she co-founded Xperiencify, the world's first fully gamified member site software, to make its methodology available to more online course creators.
You can find Marisa's training on how Gamifying Our Launch leads to $ 1.5 million in sales in the Digital Marketer Lab, and mark up your terms and conditions calendar to read her session on 3 "secret" app and game techniques that 209% more sales and 53% less refunds for my digital product.
Marisa is also the first brand maker and web designer for 7- and 8-digit industry giants and heavyweights, including Eben Pagan, Callan Rush, Justin Livingston, Susan Peirce Thompson, Mike Koenigs, Sage Lavine and Gary Zukov.
“I started my career as an artist who was told by my father that I have no marketable skills. I found out how to build a 7 digit business and showed over 5,000 students how to be successful online. Many of them felt they had “no marketable skills” or were told that they could not do so.
Career highlights She is proud of:
- Receive over 1000 pages of testimonials for a single online course.
- She received a 3 minute standing ovation at her annual live event before she said a word.
- Create a new way to create online courses to get 10 to 30 times more engagement and results for students while reducing reimbursements by up to 70%
CEO of BlitzMetrics
Chinese born in America
Dennis Yu built the internal analytics at Yahoo! 20 years ago and is now the founder of BlitzMetrics. A geek for Facebook ads and checklists, he works to create jobs for thousands of VAs, young adults, and fewer young adults, to gain leads for local service companies. Dennis is proud to be a faculty at DigitalMarketer. This is the best place to get digital marketing training and connect with other digital marketers.
“When I was a student at SMU in Dallas, Texas, some kids threw beer bottles in a pickup truck while I was cycling. They called me some racist names. But I knew that this was more due to her than to me. "
Career highlights He is most proud of:
- Freeze on CNN for 10 seconds before 3.5 million people livewhen asked about Cambridge Analytics and Mark Zuckerberg. Fortunately, his fear of being in a television studio subsided, so the rest of the interview went well and he was invited four more times!
- Responsible for 80% of Yahoo’s PPC budget, This included the entire Google AdWords budget (fun fact: the CEO got mad at him for spending money on Google, which is like drinking Pepsi when you work at Coke. But since it was real money and he was responsible for the income statement for our products, he got a passport).
- Negotiations on stock transactions with software startups during the Dotcom boom in 1998 on behalf of American Airlines. They were the first to start multi-mastering with Oracle and the first flagship customer of many names that later grew or were acquired – Broadvision, Kana, RSW, E.piphany, Interwoven and so on.
Founder of Jeronamo Digital Solutions
Half Chinese and half French
Monique Morrison is the founder of Jeronamo Solutions, a marketing agency, and Success with Digital, their training company for digital marketing. As a certified digital marketer, Monique's mission is to help local businesses make Amazon safe and keep mom-and-pop stores alive by making corporate marketing methods accessible to everyone. Thanks to her marketing expertise, she was able to continuously drive sales growth for customers. She is a certified trainer and partner at DigitalMarketer.
Before founding her marketing agency, Monique was a digital media specialist at Rogers Media and brand manager at Starwood Hotels. Since 2006 she has been helping companies start digitally as well as on site. When she's not brainstorming with customers, she blogs, reads about upcoming digital marketing trends, hikes, or hangs out with her family.
"My grandpa said" aiya "to almost everything, and as a joke I started saying it. Now it has become part of me and has affected my entire team. they all use the expression now. "
Career highlights She is most proud of:
- Launched new restaurants for brands such as Westin Hotels, West Edmonton Mall and Ramada Inn
- Awarded Business of the Year by our local Chamber of Commerce in 2016
- Expanding my agency with a team and providing meaningful employment for great people