Coca-Cola pronounces possession of BODYARMOR

Coca-Cola announces ownership of BODYARMOR


The Coca-Cola Company announced today that it has acquired full ownership of BODYARMOR, a line of sports and hydration beverages that complement the Coca-Cola beverage portfolio and have significant potential for long-term growth.

Ten years ago we set out with the vision of developing a sports drink that is better for you, with the aim of becoming the world’s number 1 sports drink. “

In 2018, Coca-Cola initially acquired a 15% stake in BODYARMOR with a route to full ownership based on a pre-determined discount. Coca-Cola is paying $ 5.6 billion in cash for the remaining 85% of the company.

BODYARMOR will operate as a separate division within Coca-Cola’s North America Operating Unit and will continue to be based in New York. Under a separate agreement on advisory and transition services, the executive team, including Co-Founder and Chairman Mike Repole and President Brent Hastie, have agreed to continue working to maintain the brand’s successful momentum in the marketplace. You commit to implementing BODYARMOR’s 2022 plan and working on a vision and strategy for 2023 and beyond.

BODYARMOR will continue to be sold through the US Coca-Cola filling system. When Coca-Cola made its first investment in 2018, BODYARMOR gained access to the Coca-Cola system, which allowed BODYARMOR to accelerate its growth to meet the explosive consumer demand for premium sports and hydration beverages. BODYARMOR is currently the No. 2 sports beverage in this category in measured retail channels, growing about 50% to reach more than $ 1.4 billion in retail sales.

“BODYARMOR has been a great addition to the systems lineup over the past three years and the company has continued to innovate in hydration and health and wellness products,” said Alfredo Rivera, president of The Coca-Cola Company’s North America business. “We are excited to bring BODYARMOR to The Coca-Cola Company and to work with Mike Repole and his leadership team on the next phase of growth,” he added.

“Ten years ago, we set out with a vision of making a sports drink that is better for you with the goal of becoming the world’s number one sports drink,” said Repole. “Our talented leadership team led by Brent Hastie, our 400 dedicated employees and incredible Coca-Cola bottling partners have helped us build this remarkable brand. Without Kobe Bryant’s vision and conviction, BODYARMOR would not have been able to achieve the success we have had. I couldn’t be more excited to join the Coca-Cola family and look to the future, ”he said.

As part of the agreement, Coca-Cola and Repole will also collaborate on the company’s still drinks portfolio, including marketing, packaging and innovation strategies for multiple brands.

Coca-Cola’s acquisition of BODYARMOR is cash-funded and in line with an M&A and capital allocation framework that focuses on accelerating growth, expanding capacity and increasing efficiency. Coca-Cola pursues brands and products that complement the overall portfolio and offer long-term growth opportunities.

You can find more information about BODYARMOR at